I currently work as the Assistant Director of Research and Planning for the Office of Innovation for Education at the University of Arkansas. After worked as a high school physics teacher in China for nine years, I came to the U.S. in 2008 and earned my Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, with a focus on Science Education, from the University of Arkansas in 2012. I live in Fayetteville with my wife and three boys.
I am interested in educational data analysis and data visualization.
- 2012. Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction (Science Education), University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR.
- 2006. M.Ed., Physics Education, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China.
- 1998. B.S., Physics Education, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China.
- 2022.9- . Assistant Director. Office of Innovation for Education, University of Arkansas.
- 2016-2022. Research Associate. Office of Innovation for Education, University of Arkansas.
- 2014-2016. Research Assistant. Office of Innovation for Education, University of Arkansas.
- 2012-2014. Postdoctoral Researcher. Department of Teaching and Learning, New York University.
- 2010-2012. Graduate Assistant. Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Arkansas.
- 2008-2009. Graduate Assistant. Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Indiana University.
- 1998-2007. Physics Teacher. Tongzhou Senior High School, Jiangsu, China.
- Lee, O., Llosa, L., Jiang, F., O’Connor, C., & Haas, A. (2016). School resources in teaching science to diverse student groups: An intervention’s effect on elementary teachers’ perceptions. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 27(7), 769-794.
- Llosa, L., Lee, O., Jiang, F., Haas, A., O’Connor, C., Van Booven, C. (2016). Elementary teachers’ science knowledge and instructional practices: Impact of an intervention focused on English language learners. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 53(4), 579-597.
- Llosa, L., Lee, O., Jiang, F., Haas, A., O’Connor, C., Van Booven, C., & Kieffer, M. J. (2016). Impact of a large-scale science intervention focused on English language learners. American Educational Research Journal. 53(2), 395-424.
- Jiang, F. & McComas, W. F. (2015). The effects of inquiry teaching on student science achievement and attitudes using propensity score analysis of PISA data. International Journal of Science Education. 37(3), 554-576.
- Jiang, F. & McComas, W. F. (2014). Analysis of nature of science included in recent popular science writing using text mining techniques. Science & Education. 23(9), 1785-1809.
Last updated: 2022-09-14
© 2021 fengjiang.me